Hearth stone!!

Over half term James and I found our way out of the other side of Llandysul to a fantastic Slate Yard and we acquired our hearth stone for the lounge log burner!!!!!

 
One huge chunk of slate sat waiting to be bedded into the lounge floor!!!!!

 

Building a flower bed!!

Sunday morning we started with this……

   
   

And a gate stuck in the bank dropping down to the winter stream….

With some hard work hefting old electric poles from the hedge, moving and digging rocks and carting compost we have a flower bed, the starts of a rockery, and the beginnings of what will be the garden!

   
     

Next steps, sort out the gate and pen issues, cut down the blackthorns that have escaped the hedgerow, finish the rockery, create a sort of sunken boggy garden around the winter stream, plant plant and plant, think of some fencing options for the top of the rockery create more beds, seating area for the benches…… So many things!!!

   
                       

Shave horse!

    

Last weekend my Dad brought down a shave horse he built me! 

This weekend James and I spent some time making stakes to stabilise woodland steps!!! I think we ended up with about 32, at four per step….. Mmmmm….. 8 steps….. Few more to make me thinks!!! 

Even more building work!

So many changes in just a week!!!!! We have stud wall for bedroom three, boarding in the kitchen, more rooms upstairs ready for boarding!!! Plastered Esse space, better photos of NASA….. Phew!!!!

   
                                 

More building progress!

Here are a few more photos of the building works thus far!!!

We have grouting, lounge steps, a level lounge ceiling and thus a lounge that is now ready for boarding and skimming!!!!! 

   

      

So we have a finished bit!!!! This is where I will be sitting facing the wall now till its done!!! Lol!!!

And the plumber has been in and started to fit out NASA in the utility, which is the plant room for running the solar thermal and the Esse!!! 

   

Burning the Brash piles and mowing the steep steep orchard and fields!!

The first weekend of half term was spent starting to mow the fields and finally getting rid of brash piles that have been the bane of our fire lighting lives all winter!!! We seem to have cracked the fire lighting now though thanks to a lot of newspaper, breaking the piles down a bit and a flame thrower thingummy Bob that means we can light the paper more centrally to the brash heaps!! 

   
  

And the mowing …. Wow that was hard work but we mowed the fields in three days!!!! Far shorter than the weeks of weed and bramble hacking we did last year!!! Upkeep is definitely quicker!!!!

      

And all of our 46 trees have taken!!!!!!!

Whilst digging out all the brash from the weeds James also discovered another skull….. So here is what wooly beasts (sheep) look like on the inside!!